London Marathon 2012
8 Big Change runners took part in the London Marathon this year, pitting themselves against 125,000 other runners.
Mike Wisner decided that one marathon wasn’t enough, so he ran from Nottingham to London in 3 days, followed by the London Marathon. That’s 150 miles and 4 days of solid running! In total, the team raised over £6,000 for a number of Big Change projects. A huge shout out to all of our marathon runners who all did amazingly well. As we all know, challenges are relative and in the case of Chris & Katie and Jamie & Ariana, relatives can be challenging:
- Rory Duncan (fastest Big Change male ever) 2hrs 59. Wow!
- Katie Herman (fastest Big Change female ever) 3hrs 48
- Mike Wisner 150 miles from Nottingham. A herculean effort from a herculean athlete
- Malcolm Anderson 3rd marathon in 4 weeks!
- Jonno Elliot who went for a 6 mile warm up run before arriving on the start line!
- Jamie Murray-Wells – marathon number 2 and the biggest smile at the end!
- Ariana Murray-Wells – running 4hrs 45 in her first ever marathon! Fantastic effort
- Chris Herman – keeping up with his daughter for most of it – well done