We are hiring!! Community Development Manager
29 August 2014: posted by BigChange
Big Change started life in 2010 when 34 friends ran the London Marathon tied together as a giant caterpillar – we broke a world record, raised over £250,000 and had a lot of fun doing it. We are now a charity that connects and supports forward thinking people, ideas and projects to drive positive change for young people in the UK.
We believe in the power of positive action and creativity in action and in celebrating and supporting the people, ideas and projects that can make a real difference from the ground up.
Main Purpose of the Job
We still embody the spirit of the original caterpillar run by bringing individuals and organisations together to drive positive change for young people in the UK. We recognise that with great ambition comes the need for great people! We are looking for someone to support the CEO and Founders, to manage our community of donors, fundraisers and supporters and to play a significant role in a young, growing charity that has big ambitions for the future.
We are looking for someone to:
- Research and identify potential new high value partnerships with individuals and organisations
- Manage the donor/fundraiser experience at any event or community-based fundraising effort that we are a part of
- Ensure our community of donors, fundraisers and supporters is kept up-to-date with progress and produce impact reports that demonstrate the impact of their support
- Build networks, partnerships and media contacts to appropriately promote, seek publicity and raise funds and pro bono for the organisation
- Be responsible for an agreed annual Fundraising budget.
- Be responsible for the preparation and timely submission of reports on progress on objectives, budgets and targets
- Keep an eye on social trends, the news, business, the arts, celebrities other charities etc. to identify opportunities and those companies and individuals who may be in a position to make things happen
- Ensure all partners are account managed in an effective way in order to maximise the relationships and ensure their support over the longer term
- Maximise donor/fundraiser/supporter networks and relationships by exploring opportunities with the Chief Executive, Founders and Trustees
What experience should you have
- Experience of managing community and fundraising events with a creative twist
- Experience of stewarding high net worth donors
- The ability and willingness to work in a fast paced startup environment where no one day is the same
- Creative thinking and an ability to spot an opportunity
- Excellent relationship-building with senior supporters and stakeholders
- Researching and delivering successful pitches
- Understanding budgets, setting realistic budgets and delivering activity on budget
- Developing and implementing strategy
Some of the key skills we’re looking for:
- Ability to sell a vision of an event or activity to senior colleagues
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills at a senior level
- Excellent organisational skills and an eye for detail.
- A knowledge and understanding of the charity (preferable) and business sector
- IT literate and confident user of databases
Still interested and want to apply?
Please send us your CV along with a covering letter to JoinTheFamily@virgin.com telling us why you think you’re right for the role!
Interviews will take place at our Paddington office in September 2014.
Closing date for applications is: Monday 15 September 2014